Upgrade Your Home and Save with New Green Incentives
If you've been thinking about renovating your home to be more energy efficient and environmentally friendly, now is the time to act. New federal tax credits and state rebates can help you save thousands on green upgrades like solar panels, heat pumps, insulation, and more.
As explained in a recent Wall Street Journal article, the Inflation Reduction Act passed by Congress last year provides up to $9 billion in rebates for home energy efficiency improvements1. These rebates, which will be administered by each state, can be combined with existing federal tax credits to maximize your savings. Here are some of the incentives now available:
- Tax credit of up to 30% for installing rooftop solar and battery storage
- Tax credit of up to $1,200 for adding insulation and energy-efficient windows
- Tax credit of up to $2,000 for replacing an HVAC system with a heat pump
- Rebate of up to $8,000 for installing a heat pump or making upgrades to cut home energy use by 35%+
- Lower income households may qualify for even larger rebates covering most or all of the project costs.
To take advantage, start by getting a home energy audit, which comes with a $150 tax credit. The audit will identify your home's biggest energy drains and the most cost-effective solutions. Our team of experts can then help you choose the right upgrades for your home and budget, while maximizing available incentives.
The savings don't stop there. Many utilities also offer additional rebates for heat pumps, appliances, EV chargers, and more. Going green pays off both for your wallet and the planet. Contact us today to learn how we can help you plan energy-efficient renovations that take full advantage of the new tax credits and rebates. Your dream green home is closer than you think!